“Coaching and mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.”
Are you a new celebrant and looking for guidance to develop your celebrant profile or practice?
Are you looking for some tools to assist in interview techniques, writing a ceremony or presenting?
Are you looking for direction in efficient administration systems?
Grow You – Grow Your Business
Coaching is a proven way to get you focused on the key competencies to develop a successful business.
Mentoring is a proven way to keep you focused and be held accountable, so you stay on track to successfully achieve your business goals.
I offer a one to one coaching and mentoring programme designed to assist and support celebrants new to the industry, from a business-focused approach.
Coaching/Mentoring Programme Outcomes
• learn key business aspects of being a celebrant
• development of professional direction
• aspire to best practice in our industry
• improved interpersonal and communication skills
• increased self-confidence
The Mentee should:
• be enthusiastic about their celebrant work
• be eager to learn new things
• be receptive to feedback and suggestion
• have a desire to become more accomplished
Coaching / Mentoring programme includes (but not limited to):
• Coaching / mentoring is via face to face, phone, email, or live chat call
• Module information handout
Module 1 – New Celebrant Toolbox
Module 1.1: One-page business plan
Module 1.2: Creating basic forms
Module 1.3: Marketing made easy
Module 1.4: Record and bookkeeping
Module 1.5: Industry associations and network marketing groups
Module 1.6: Code of ethics
Module 1.7: Industry qualifications
Module 1.8: Ongoing personal development
Module 1.9: Enhancing your professional edge
Module 1.10: Cultural diversity & rituals
Module 1.11: Apps and software to assist the celebrant
Module 1.12: Managing difficult clients
Module 2 – Weddings Toolbox
Module 2.1: Process
Module 2.2: Legal requirements
Module 2.3: Wedding arrangement questionnaire
Module 2.4: Successful interview techniques
Module 2.5: Writing a ceremony
Module 2.6: Elements of a successful wedding rehearsal
Module 2.7: Ceremony presentation tips
Module 2.8: Venue collaboration
Module 2.9: Post administration
Module 2.10: Record keeping
Module 2.11: Customer service
Module 2.12: Working with couple who reside overseas
Module 2.13: Using interpreters and translators
• Attending one mentor wedding service*
• Attend one mentee wedding to assist the mentee in setting up, observe and then give feedback*
*Prior approval must always be gained from clients to attend a wedding.
Module 3 – Funerals Toolbox
Module 3.1: Process
Module 3.2: Funeral arrangement questionnaire
Module 3.3: Successful interview techniques
Module 3.4: Writing a ceremony
Module 3.5: Customer service
Module 3.6: Ceremony presentation tips
Module 3.7: Funeral Director collaboration
• Attending one mentor funeral service*
• Attend one mentee funeral to observe and then give feedback*
*Prior approval must always be gained from clients and Funeral Directors to attend a funeral.
$85.00 per session*
*Session times vary between 40-60 minutes.
*Travel beyond Christchurch may attract a fee.
Education • Knowledge • Experience
Celebrant since 2017.
- Diploma in Celebrant Studies (The Celebrant School)
- Validated member of Celebrants Association of New Zealand (VCANZ)
- Officiates marriages, funerals and a range of other ceremonies
- Committee member of CANZ – Canterbury Branch
- Past Business Mentor with Business Mentors New Zealand
- Past Toastmaster (22 years)
“Coaching and mentoring shortens the learning curve.”