Brent is married to Claire and has two adult children.
Brent’s back story and mantra is a massive kaleidoscope of living life to the fullest.
Some experiences have included:
- owning and operating a primary aged childcare business having provided before school, after school and school holiday programmes to 750+ kids
- a Senior Management Quality role for a global logistics company in Dubai
- a role co-ordinating family dispute resolution mediation so as to help parents play nicely with their children
- mentoring for the Graham Dingle Foundation and Business Mentors New Zealand
- authoring and self illustrating a book, Re-Kindle You about goal setting to goal getting.
- as a family, cycling the length of New Zealand from Bluff to Cape Reinga to raise money for Child Cancer
- climbing up to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaru in East Africa
- volunteering in an Orangutan Sanctuary in Borneo
- trekking up to Mt Everest and Annapurna base camps in Nepal
- tandem cycling 7,500 kms across Canada, from Vancouver, BC to St Johns, Newfoundland.
Brent became a celebrant during 2017.
The original focus was to start officiating weddings however, Brent was picked up by John Rhind Funeral Directors and Academy Funeral Services and launched right into officiating funerals and memorials. As an independent celebrant, to date Brent has captured, woven and shared over 70 services.
A humbling journey of compassion with families to help celebrate a loved one and, collaboration with industry partners to help the celebration be seamless.
During mid-2018 and with the same professionalism and passion, Brent began the focus on officiating a couples love story, whether a wedding or vow renewals. This has transpired into celebration ceremonies around Life Transitions, Rites of Passage and Civic Events.
“Do what you love and love what you do” sums up his ‘why’ he is a sought after celebrant.
Brent holds the Diploma of Celebrant Studies with The Celebrant School and is a member of the Celebrants Association of New Zealand (CANZ).
Counterbalance today includes being a Business Transformation Consultant, volunteering for The New Zealand Blind Foundation taking visually impaired members for rides on the back of a tandem, freelance illustration, more adventure travel and, sometimes getting asked to speak about all of the above so as to influence people to reboot their ‘living life to the fullest’ trajectory.
Brent would welcome an opportunity to discuss working with you in the future – whether a ‘love’ story, a ‘life’ story, or a story of ‘transition.’